If you want to make money as an author, include author events on your marketing plan. Events are the perfect opportunity to meet residence in your community, connect with other authors and small businesses, and sell books. If you are an author and you haven’t started scheduling book signings, it’s time to do so.
Now, let’s talk about how you can connect with attendees! There isn’t a science to this thing, however, there are a few “best practices” I’d like to share with you. Trust me, at your event, you’ll want to make sure you stand out, communicate effectively, and represent yourself well.
Engaging with your audience at an author event can be a great way to make a lasting impression! Here are some ideas to help you make the most out of your event:
- Start by introducing yourself and giving a brief overview of your book.
- Ask the audience (or attendees) questions to get them involved, such as what their favorite books are or what they’re looking forward to in your novel.
- Encourage audience members to share their thoughts and opinions on the topics you discuss.
- Connect with your audience on a personal level by sharing stories and anecdotes.
- Smile. Show excitement. If you’re excited, they will be excited!
- Give-away a special thank you gift at your table. Think of something like bookmarks, pens… something with your book or brand logo on it! People are drawn to things they can have for free.
- Lastly, don’t forget to take time to sign books and take pictures with your fans!
Overall, engaging your audience at an author event is all about making the experience enjoyable and memorable for everyone involved. With these tips, you should be well on your way to connecting with your readers and making a lasting impact!