I love author events. Last Saturday, I had the pleasure of attending an event called Teen Book Fest with two of my teen girls. I loved every moment of it. It was so great meeting new authors, taking pictures with them, and celebrating their books! Authors appreciate being noticed and having an author event is the best way to get noticed by your local community!
If you’re an author looking to promote your work, hosting an event is a great way to engage with your readers and get the word out about your book. But having a successful author event takes some planning and preparation. Here are some tips to ensure your event is a success:
- Set a date and time: Before you do anything else, choose a date and time for your event. Make sure it fits into your schedule and that you have enough time to plan and promote the event.
- Choose a venue: Where will your event be held? Think about the size of the venue and how many people it can accommodate.
- Promote the event: Once you’ve set the date and time, it’s time to start promoting your event. Use social media, email blasts, and word of mouth to get the word out.
- Prepare materials: Make sure you have enough copies of your book and other promotional materials. You should also plan ahead to have a microphone and sound system if you’ll be making a presentation.
- Have a plan: What will you do at your event? Have a plan for the evening and make sure you have time for a Q&A session.
- Follow up: After the event, send thank you emails or notes to those who attended. This will help create a lasting impression and build relationships with your readers.
If you are seeking an author event at a bookstore like Barnes and Noble, be sure to contact the store manager to schedule an event and work out the details! I’ll talk more about this later! Hosting an author event can be a great way to connect with your readers and promote your work. With a little planning and preparation, your event can be a success. Good luck!